Masterclass: Transformational Leadership for Sustainability
24 June 2015, Johannesburg, South Africa
The Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) invites you to an exclusive masterclass with globally recognised sustainability expert Dr Wayne Visser, Transnet Chair of Sustainable Business at GIBS and Senior Associate at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership. Dr Visser will share the latest research, standards and cases on what makes the best sustainability leaders effective as change agents in their organisations and in society.
- This session combines theory and practical case studies and after attending you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of good leaders for sustainable business (traits, styles, skills/competencies and knowledge);
- Assess what makes leaders effective change agents, and self-assess what type of change agent you are or need your organisation to employ; and
- Understand the new ISO standards (Annex SL) and the specifications of Clause 5 on Leadership.
Who should attend?
- Learning and development practitioners, HR directors, heads of procurement, as well as management representatives for sustainability, environment, occupational health & safety, social responsibility and quality will benefit from this masterclass.
- Drivers of Sustainability Leadership: Internal and external context; and the rise and fall of sustainability leaders.
- Characteristics of Sustainability Leaders: Traits, styles, skills and knowledge; competency frameworks; and actions of sustainability leaders.
- Sustainability Leaders as Change Agents: Change frameworks by Kotter, Visser, Ainger and Gladwell; and purpose-inspired leadership types.
- Date: Wednesday, 24 June 2015
- Time: 08:30 – 12:30 (a light lunch will be served after the event)
- Venue: GIBS Campus, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton, South Africa
Please click here to confirm your attendance by 29 May 2015. For further information contact Bongiwe Ramaboea on 011 771 4161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that there is no charge for this event. Regrettably this invitation is not transferable and seating is limited.
Offered by Kaleidoscope Futures & Chrysalis Family Futures
Delivered by Dr Wayne Visser (WV) & Indira Kartallozi (IK)
Courses are typically one day, but can be tailored to client needs.
Course 1: Mega-trends Shaping the Future
Economic & environmental trends – WV
- Inclusive markets
- Ethics & corruption
- Energy & climate
Social & human trends – IK
- Poverty & welfare
- Human rights
- Migration & refugees
- Equality & diversity
Course 2: Sustainable Enterprise & Social Entrepreneurship
Sustainable enterprise (WV)
- Creating integrated value
- Circular economy
Social entrepreneurship (IK)
- Forms of social enterprise
- Social entrepreneurs
- Social innovation
Course 3: Best Practices in Social Responsibility
Economic & environmental issues (WV)
- Organisational effectiveness
- Consumer issues
- Environmental issues
- Business ethics
Social & human issues (IK)
- Human rights
- Labour rights
- Community development
- Diversity management
Course 4: Transformational Leadership in Practice
Business & political leadership (WV)
- Theories of leadership
- Responsible political leadership
- Sustainable business leadership
Civic & gender leadership (IK)
- Women in leadership
- Community leadership
- Migrant leadership
About the presenters
Dr Wayne Visser
Dr Wayne Visser is Director of the think tank Kaleidoscope Futures, Founder of CSR International and Vice President of Sustainability Services for Omnex Inc. Wayne is also Chair of Sustainable Business at the Gordon Institute of Business Science in South Africa, Adjunct Professor of Sustainable Development at Deakin Business School in Australia and Senior Associate at the University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership in the UK. Wayne is the author of twenty one books and has been listed as one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior. Before getting his PhD in Corporate Social Responsibility (Nottingham University, UK), Wayne was Director of Sustainability Services for KPMG and Strategy Analyst for Cap Gemini in South Africa. His work has taken him to 70 countries in the last 20 years. www.waynevisser.com, www.kaleidoscopefutures.com
Indira Kartallozi is a founder and director of Chrysalis Family Futures – a social enterprise that stands for protection and empowering of human and socio-economic rights of vulnerable and marginalised families and children. Indira has 15-year experience in advice on welfare, housing and immigration rights and her expertise ranges on issues of forced migration and human rights. Her work with Chrysalis Family Futures has taken her to various countries in Africa, Europe and Latin America. Since completing her MA in Refugee Studies and her ground breaking research on austerity and welfare reforms Indira has been invited to speak to various conferences and seminars in the UK and abroad. www.chrysalisfamilyfutures.com
For more information, or to request a quotation, please Contact Wayne.