Masterclass: Transformational Leadership for Sustainability
24 June 2015, Johannesburg, South Africa
The Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) invites you to an exclusive masterclass with globally recognised sustainability expert Dr Wayne Visser, Transnet Chair of Sustainable Business at GIBS and Senior Associate at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership. Dr Visser will share the latest research, standards and cases on what makes the best sustainability leaders effective as change agents in their organisations and in society.
- This session combines theory and practical case studies and after attending you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of good leaders for sustainable business (traits, styles, skills/competencies and knowledge);
- Assess what makes leaders effective change agents, and self-assess what type of change agent you are or need your organisation to employ; and
- Understand the new ISO standards (Annex SL) and the specifications of Clause 5 on Leadership.
Who should attend?
- Learning and development practitioners, HR directors, heads of procurement, as well as management representatives for sustainability, environment, occupational health & safety, social responsibility and quality will benefit from this masterclass.
- Drivers of Sustainability Leadership: Internal and external context; and the rise and fall of sustainability leaders.
- Characteristics of Sustainability Leaders: Traits, styles, skills and knowledge; competency frameworks; and actions of sustainability leaders.
- Sustainability Leaders as Change Agents: Change frameworks by Kotter, Visser, Ainger and Gladwell; and purpose-inspired leadership types.
- Date: Wednesday, 24 June 2015
- Time: 08:30 – 12:30 (a light lunch will be served after the event)
- Venue: GIBS Campus, 26 Melville Road, Illovo, Sandton, South Africa
Please click here to confirm your attendance by 29 May 2015. For further information contact Bongiwe Ramaboea on 011 771 4161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that there is no charge for this event. Regrettably this invitation is not transferable and seating is limited.