Keynotes, Lectures, Workshops and Training
Dr Wayne Visser has delivered more than 330 professional speeches, courses, lectures and training sessions all around the world, with his work taking him to 74 countries in the last 30 years. You can read an interview by Speaker’s Corner with Dr Visser about his life as a professional speaker, which began when he won the Jordison Cup for Public Speaking in 1987. The topics that Dr Visser frequently talks on include:
- Creating Integrated Value (CIV): Beyond CSR and CSV
- The Future of Business: How to Survive & Thrive
- The Art and Practice of Sustainability Leadership
- CSR 2.0: Beyond ISO 26000 to the Future of CSR
- The Business Case for Sustainability & Responsibility
- Sustainability Strategies for Global Challenges
- Purpose-Inspired Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CSR/Sustainability Best Practices Around the World
- Sustainability Innovation & Change Management
- Making a Difference: Society, Organisations & Individuals
Dr Visser has been frequently lauded for the quality of his presentations. He is known for his informative and visually engaging slides and extensive use of case studies from around the world. For example, when he was lecturing at Warwick Business School in the UK, he won the Outstanding Teacher Award of the Warwick MBA two years in a row. Here is an indicative sample of the feedback he has received from his audiences:
- “You delivered exactly what we wanted in terms of getting some thought provoking issues out there for the audience to start contemplating as we started off the day.” – International Finance Corporation, World Bank Group, USA
- “Everyone talking about how your session was the best of the week! We want more Wayne (in person)!” –University of Cambridge, UK
- “Very informative and helpful” – Korea Institute for Strategic Social Responsibility, South Korea
- “My favourite [speaker]. He is interactive, uses different mediums, knows subject, is current. I left wanting to go and specialise in sustainability.” – Gordon Institute of Business Science, South Africa
- “Very inspiring and encouraging for the Sri Lankan attendees” – CSR Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
- “One of the greatest courses ever, nothing bad to say.” – Kedge Business School, University of Bordeaux, France
- “Everyone was extremely positive about the event afterwards and very impressed by your comprehensive knowledge, your convincing argument and the great clarity and persuasiveness with which you delivered your message.” – University of Winchester, UK
In addition to public speaking, Dr Visser delivers the following training workshops on behalf of SSR International (formerly CSR International) and in collaboration with his training partner and fellow Director of Kaleidoscope Futures, Indira Kartallozi. These can be tailored, mixed and matched and delivered to any audience and in any city or country. Find out more about delivering these courses at your organisation.
- Transformational Leadership & Becoming a Future-Fit Organisation
- Sustainability Innovation & Growing Effective Changemakers
- Business’ Human Rights & Responding to the Refugee Crisis
- Transformative Social Responsibility & Creating Integrated Value
- Stakeholder Engagement & Discovering New Tools for Transparency
Dr Visser also offers CSR 2.0Licensee training. This gives trainees access to the CSR 2.0 Self Assessment Tool, which is based on Dr Visser’s work on transformative CSR and developed by SSR International and Hexagon. The 70 question Self Assessment Tool evaluates organisations against:
- 5 Stages of CSR (Defensive, Charitable, Promotional, Strategic & Transformative)
- 4 DNA Elements of CSR 2.0 (Value Creation, Good Governance, Societal Contribution & Environmental Integrity)
- 5 Principles of CSR 2.0 (Creativity, Scalability, Responsiveness, Glocality, Circularity)
Upon completion of the CSR 2.0 Licensee training, which is 4-hours long and is delivered online (via Skype), licensees are able to use the tool with their own clients or in their own organisation. The cost of the training is £300 and the user-fee is £150 per assessment. Enquire about the training.
Sample of Speaking Engagements from 2016
BELGIUM: Future Trends & Future Fitness, 1 day, Workshop for Randstad, Antwerp Management School, La Roche, 30 August 2016.
MALAYSIA: Sustainable Frontiers and New Leadership, Presentation, Emerging Leaders Dialogue Asia Conference, Kuala Lumpur, 20 October 2016.
ITALY: Environmental Performance as a Crucial Option for Economic Competitiveness, Presentation, International Conference on Connecting Reconnecting Economy and Society Through Innovation, Taglio Di Po, Rovigo, 30 September 2016.
UK: Mapping the changes to the energy manager’s role, Panel chair, The Energy Event 2016, Birmingham, 7 July 2016.
ECUADOR: Sustainability Leadership and Social Responsibility, 1-day workshop, Secretaria de Ambiente del municipio de Quito, Quito, 1 June 2016.
MEXICO: Competencies For Our Global Challenges: Leading Change Through Sustainable Innovation, 2 day course and half-day workshop, Monterrey Institute for Technology, Guadalajara, 25-27 May.
NETHERLANDS: The Role of Education in Shaping the Sustainability Leaders we Need for the Future, 5th Global GRI Conference, Amsterdam, 19 May 2016.
PORTUGAL: In Transition to a Green and Sustainable Future, Presentation, Roadmap for Green Entrepreneurship Conference, JEVE (Youth for Green Entrepreneurship and Employability), Lisbon, 20 April 2016.
SOUTH AFRICA: The Disruptors: Reinventing Business & Society Through Conscious Capitalism, Presentation, Serious Social Investment Conference 2016, Tshikululu Social Investments and Gordon Institute of Business Science, Johannesburg, 12 April 2016.
Speaker Biography and Bookings
Speaker Biography (Pdf)
To book Wayne for a paid speaking engagement, please use the Contact form below.